MFT Camp Create Bonus: Divine Dry Embossing

22.06.2017

Hi peeps,

when you can't sleep because of the heat and a stomach bug, you try to cure yourself with crafting ;-)

Today is the last day to submit your work to the current session of the My Favorite Things Camp Create.


I made a bonus card for the bonfire craft Divine Dry Embossing.

https://www.mftstamps.com/blog/camp-create-june-bonfire/

For this fun technique, I created a dry embossed background using the «Wild Greenery» Die-namics.

To make things easier, I arranged the dies face-down and picked them up with a piece of GLAD Press'n Seal. Next, I carefully placed them onto my cardstock and ran everything through my die-cutting machine using an embossing mat so the dies wouldn't cut through the cardstock but only leave impressions. Then I rotated the dies by 180° (pretty quick thanks to the Press'n Seal) and embossed the other half of the cardstock. I really like the subtle look you achieve with dry embossing. To add some stitched detail and rounded corners, I cut my dry embossed panel with the largest die from the «Blueprints 31» set. I adhered it with foam sheet to the top-folding card base.

I colored one of the cuties from the «Sweet Sloths» set with Copics and used the coordinating die to cut it out. I also cut a piece of patterned paper («Calm & Cozy Chevron 6x6 Paper Pack») with a «Stitched Circle STAX» die. The sentiment from the same stamp set was white heat embossed on a strip of dark brown cardstock. I popped up the sloth with foam tape and added enamel dots as a finishing touch.

Of course there is a special bonfire badge to complete my collection :-) I had a blast creating!


Thank you so much for stopping by!
Anja

Keine Kommentare :

 
site design by designer blogs